- Provisional bookings, whether received by telephone or online, will be held for two weeks unless prior arrangements have been made to retain the provisional booking for longer.
- A provisional booking will only be confirmed following the receipt of a completed booking form and deposit payment.
- Permission to use the Log Cabin will be given following payment of the balance of the hire fee which should be received at least 14 days prior to the hire date.
- The booking of the Log Cabin restricts users to the area immediately surrounding the cabin. The upper and lower fields are owned by a third party and permission is not given for use of the lower field, but use of the upper field is available on request.
- A deposit equivalent to 50% of the full hire charge is required to secure the booking. 25% of the full hire charge refundable if 28 days notice is given of cancellation, after this time the deposit becomes non refundable. The full hire charge becomes payable a minimum of 14 days prior to occupation. Information regarding methods of payment can be found here.
- All users wishing to use the facilities must have a named responsible person (shown on the booking form) who will be liable for ensuring that all members of the party comply with the conditions of hire.
- Permission to use the facilities will only be given to adult leaders who will maintain reasonable standards with groups in their charge. It is recommended that there should be an adult helper to every eight young people in the group.
First Aid / Fire Safety
- There are NO First Aid facilities provided on site. The responsible person should ensure that adequate First Aid equipment is available and, if appropriate to the user group, have a competent First Aider on site.
- You are strongly advised to unlock the security locks on the windows when in residence in case of emergency. Notices to this effect are displayed at both sites. Please ensure that these are relocked before you leave at the end of your stay.
- All users must familiarise themselves with the fire safety notices regarding fire exits assembly points etc. which are placed around the building.
- Fire doors are meant to restrict the path of a fire should one occur - DO NOT WEDGE FIRE DOORS OPEN.
- There is NO telephone in the Log Cabin, therefore any emergency would have to be notified via a mobile phone. There is a public telephone in the village of Mundesley which is approximately a mile and a half from the Log Cabin.
- All users are advised to undertake a Fire Drill exercise during their stay in line with good practise under Health & Safety guidelines. These Fire Drills are to be recorded in the book provided at the Centre. The Warden will advise hirers regarding this exercise.
Arrival and Departure
- Visiting groups are expected to contact the Warden 24 hours prior to their arrival to confirm arrival times and to make arrangements regarding access to the sites. Failure to do this may result in access not being available when you do arrive.
- Groups leaving the site after a week long booking must vacate the site by 10 am and new groups are requested not to arrive until 3 pm. This arrangement particularly applies during the summer months when the sites are in continuous use and need to be checked and prepared between bookings. At other times of the year groups using the sites for weekends will not usually be required to leave until the late afternoon, however we request consideration for the Warden if a new group is due to arrive on the Monday following a weekend booking.
- This site has a specific camp fire area, no other part of the site must be used for this purpose.
- The cost of making good ground following campfires will be levied if the ground is not left in good order. A lighted fire should never be left unguarded.
- FIREWOOD IS NOT PROVIDED. Under NO circumstances should trees, bushes, hedges etc. be damaged in anyway.
There is a barbeque available for use at this site. Hirers are reminded that the grids from the ovens inside the buildings must not be used outside the building. Grids are available specifically for the barbecue. Temporary barbeques are permitted to be used but only when placed on external surfaces that are a safe distance from the building, will not damage grass, and where they are disposed of properly and safely.
- All drivers of vehicles using the sites shall park so that they do not restrict access to the premises nor obstruct the highway.
- No part of the site designated for the use of a particular hirer shall be used by another hirer except with the permission of the Kearns Foundation.
- No outdoor activity shall take place after 10.30 pm (except with the written permission of The Kearns Foundation) which would cause any disturbance, annoyance or distress to the neighbouring community.
- No dogs are allowed on the site
- No firearms, crossbows or other dangerous weapons are to be used on the site
- The site and building shall be left secure at all times. It is recommended, because of the isolated situation of our site, valuable possessions and equipment are not left unattended. The Kearns Foundation will not be liable for the loss or damage of goods or property owned by third parties whilst on their premises.
- All damage, breakages or discrepancy resulting from the hirer’s use of the site, to be reported as soon as possible to the Foundation’s contact whose details will be provided as part of the booking procedure. Any major damage, including broken windows (which need to be repaired quickly for security reasons) will be charged for at replacement cost plus an administration fee.
- No grease or fat to be poured down the sinks, toilets or drains as this will cause a blockage which may not be cleared before the end of the period of hire, and will incur an additional charge to the hirer if found to be responsible.
- On leaving the site, the group leader should make certain that it is left in a clean, tidy and secure state. Where the property is not left in an acceptable condition, in the view of the Warden, an additional cleaning fee will be charged.
- All rubbish MUST be placed in the appropriate bin or area as instructed by the Warden. A charge WILL be levied for any extra cleaning or maintenance required or any extra rubbish removal following your stay.
- On departure, all keys should be returned to the Warden.
- No liability shall be entertained by the Kearns Foundation or its Trustees for the loss or damage of any property belonging to, or being used by, users of the site/facilities.
- The Kearns Foundation shall not be liable for any injury (including injury resulting in death) or damage to or loss of property, which shall or may occur to, or be sustained by, the user, his assistants, servant or agents, or others entering the property in the exercise or purported exercise of the arrange usage (except such injury or damage as may occur by reason of the neglect of the Kearns Foundation, or its servants or agents acting within the scope of their authority).
- The user will indemnify and keep indemnified the Kearns Foundation, its servants and agents, from and against, all claims and liabilities in respect of such injury or damage and all actions, proceedings, costs, damages and expenses in regard thereto and also from and against all other liability, claims, demands, proceedings, costs, damages and expenses in respect of injury to persons (including injury resulting in death) and damage to or loss of property whatsoever, which may arise and of, or in consequence of, the exercise or purported exercise of the hiring.
- The representatives of the Kearns Foundation shall have the right of entry to the sites at all times, notwithstanding any arrangements concluded as a result of this application.
- Hirers are recommended to take out adequate insurance cover regarding loss of or damage to equipment and effects and injury to leaders, members etc., of the hirer’s organisation.
- Hirers that are part of a constituted organisation, school, or other legal entity will be required to provide a copy of their certificate of public liability insurance as part of their booking process.
- Hirers are responsible for their own risk assessment procedures and information about the centre and its facilities can be provided on request to assist with this.
- Hirers are also recommended to take out adequate insurance cover for adventurous activities, if appropriate.